Monday, August 5, 2013

Quick Trip to Milwaukee to catch the Empty Pockets Live!

My old roommate plays in a great band called the Empty Pockets.  They generally play bigger events and private parties but as luck would have it they were booked to play in Milwaukee at Discovery Pier for a free concert by the lake.  I took it as a sign I should attend and headed up.

Parking was a bit of a mess and the museum garage was trying to charge me $8 to park my bike, so as you can see I squeezed into a quasi-legal space in front of a suburban.

The band was setup right on the end of the pier which was really neat because there was some sailboat regatta going on in the background adding to the scenery.




Here is a nifty panorama courtesy Picasa AutoAwesome.

I watched the pockets rock the house and possibly you can to as Milwaukee Public Television was there filming the concert for a future broadcast, if you see it check them out.

On the way out I was relieved to find a lack of parking tickets and headed home.


It was right around 140 miles round trip, here's the route I took.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment