Monday, June 10, 2013

Eating at Jt's Porch with MEWS

I'm a bit behind due to being caught up in other projects such as getting this beast back on the road.


The Mews Meetup group meets a few times a month for $4 burger tuesdays at JT's Porch in Lombard.  My schedule and the weather were cooperating a few weeks back and I made a run down there.


There was about 30 bikers in attendance and it was probably the best $4 burger I've had.  The 30+oz cup messes with the scale as the burger/plate/cup were all huge.



I got there a bit early and it was dark by the time I remembered to snap some pictures so this is the only bike shots.


On the way out a group of Shriners pulled up on dresser harleys and the shortest one ran up and tried to start a fight because he had some serious Napoleon issues but that's generally how my nights go.

Wow, apparently Picasa now makes Auto Panoramas if you upload shots in the same folder weird.

On the way Home I rode with a few members who were headed north and then split off to check out Uncle Paulie's Bar.
It's a Biker/Dive/Topless bar of which lives up to it's slogan as "The Shame of Glen Ellyn".  On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being a classy burlesque stripclub and 1 being a dirt floor with strippers eating chili it was a -2 which equates where strippers dreams go to die.

I walked up to some decidedly classy looking dancers outside smoking cigarettes in platform heels and Kmart bathrobes.  Not wanting to miss out on an evening that would surely be worth the retelling I strode inside.  There is no cover so you're a fool not to take in the splendor.  I grabbed a stool at the bar and ordered a $4 miller bottle from the huge but friendly guy behind the bar.  One of the demure entertainers slinked inside and threw some money into the jukebox.  She then shed her robe to revealed her Fredricks of Honkeywood teddy and walked over to the stage.  From my vantage point it looked like someone put a shipping pallet on the floor and threw a piece of plywood across the top and then jammed a six foot pole through it for good measure.  Then the song started to play.  Sadly I can't give you any info on the quality of the entertainment because the song she queued up was Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash and I spent the whole song looking at the bar and trying to stifle my giggles at a dancer trying to make a song about prison sexy.  Afterwards she came up and worked me for a tip asking if I liked the dance.  I didn't want to be rude so I just commented the song selection was a bit odd tossed her a buck and GTFO before the giggles came back.

If I ever pass by with anyone who hasn't been this will place will be a must stop.  It's a true dive and I loved every minute of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment