Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Whistle Goes WOOOOOO!

With spring finally peeking It's head up the days are getting warm enough to ride with a destination in mind.



I decided to head down to Bob's motorcycle shop in Dundee as he's shutting down and will be closed by 4/31 at the latest.

I bought some chrome head bolt covers to hide the rusty hot mess that mine have become and of course ended up buying the wrong ones.  Oh well anyone need a set that are too small for an 03 sportster?

I then checked my map of places I wanted to check out to see what was close.  I saw 2 Toots Grill in Bartlett or Priscilla's Ultimate Express in Hanover Park, IL.  Due to the fact that I had limited time and had to get back for a 3 hour accounting class I decided to hit 2 Toots.





2 Toots is a train themed diner located just off the metra line in Bartlett, IL.  The gimmick is they use free range organic beef and your food gets delivered by a model train.  I've never managed to get my food served by a train because most restaurants only have a few seats that the train serves but at 2 Toots the train serves every seat.


I grabbed a seat at the counter and placed my order for the cheeseburger and grabbed a few shots of the oncoming train.


After a few minutes my burger came out.


The presentation was a bit weird with the burger buried under fries but I'm betting it was to keep the weight from derailing the train on curves like in Unstoppable.  :-)  The burger was ok but they made it by taking a ball of beef and pressing it on the grill which is normally good but in this case they must have used 1/8 pound of meat and made up the difference by pressing extra hard to get the patty anywhere near bun sized.   Due to the small amount of beef and how wide it was pressed it really was just loose beef with cheese melted on top.  Overall it was too crumbly and was completely drowned out by the bun and condiments.  The fries were standard frozen crinkle cuts but they were pretty tasty.  Given the price/meat ratio I don't think I would head back here again for the food but given the train gimmick it was ok and a decent excuse for a ride.




Here's a map of the route.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment